Defending drug crime charges in Naples and Fort Myers, Florida
Jerry Berry represents clients who have been arrested for drug possession, dealing, trafficking, or manufacture in Naples, Fort Myers, and the surrounding towns of Collier and Lee counties in Southwest Florida.
When you are accused of drug possession, we may be able to help you find a solution that doesn’t involve heavy fines or jail time:
- Pretrial diversion — available to first-time, non-violent offenders; the charges are dropped when pretrial diversion is completed
- Pretrial intervention — available in certain instances to people who don’t qualify for pretrial diversion, because of priors
- Drug court — available to repeat drug offenders who have debilitating substance abuse problems; the charges may be dropped if certain conditions are satisfied
- Motion to suppress — if evidence was obtained in an illegal manner, we may be able to have evidence excluded from your case, which may get your case dismissed
- Plea — Minimal probation or other plea deals may suit certain clients who wish to resolve the case without the risk of a trial that could include jail time; pleas may involve randomized drug testing or travel restrictions
- Trial — Many clients are not guilty of the charges that are brought against them; these cases may prevail at trial.
If you would like to learn if any of these solutions might apply to your case, please contact the firm to schedule an appointment for consultation.
If you have been charged with drug sales, delivery, trafficking, or manufacture, Florida has many mandatory prison laws in place. In these instances, it is extremely unwise to proceed without an attorney.