Naples and Fort Myers drunk driving defense
Jerry Berry PA represents clients who are charged with driving while intoxicated in Naples, Fort Myers, and the surrounding towns and counties of Southwest Florida.
Jerry Berry has a substantial history of defending clients against DUIs or is able to consider experience as a Florida prosecutor in order to help craft meaningful defenses against drunk-driving or other traffic offenses:
- Reckless driving
- Felony DUI
- Driving while license suspended
- Violations of driver license restriction
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Fleeing and eluding
- Speeding tickets
- All other traffic tickets
If you require legal defense against DUI charges or traffic offenses, please contact the office to learn more about how we may be able to assist you.
Defending against DUIs in Florida
In Florida, DUI penalties are extremely serious:
- First conviction — Fine of $500 to $1000 or more in certain circumstances; mandatory community service and revocation of driver license; up to 6 months imprisonment or more in certain circumstances
- Second conviction — Fine of $1000 to $4000; mandatory revocation of driver license; up to 9 months imprisonment or more in certain circumstances
- Third conviction — Possible felony conviction; fine of $2000 to $5000; mandatory revocation of driver license; up to 12 months jail or imprisonment in the Department of Corrections in some instances
Not only are the consequences of a conviction determined by Florida law, there may be other repercussions, too, such as loss of eligibility for occupational licenses or professional advancement. Your ability to care for yourself or your family may be severely curtailed by the loss of a driving privilege, also.
It's better to avoid these consequences altogether. If you are charged with a DUI, please call us today.